Monday, February 28, 2005

I guess I am just tired.

Okay I know that I haven't made a post for a long time. I have no excuses. I am just working a lot right now. Whatever. I also have been watching movies. I got a the first of my Blockbuster movies recently. I would like to share some reviews with you.

First movie received: Saw.
Starring: Cary Elwes, Danny Glover, some other dudes.
Rating: Crap ( I am making up this system as I go along, btw.)

This movie really SUCKED. I don't know if I can be more specific, but I will try: all of it SUCKED. It was slow, the story was crappy. The characters were bad. I don't mean bad as in bad ass, I mean badly written, badly developed and all around poor. I am no Siskel or Ebert but I know a totally bad movie when I see it. Basically I wish it was 100 minutes I could get back. It would have been better spent plucking my eyebrows or cleaning my bathroom. This movie was only slightly less crappy than the all time crappiest scary movie I ever rented: Fear.com.

Second movie: Mean Girls
Starring: Lindsay Lohan, Tina Fey, Rachel McAdams, The janitor from Scrubs.
Rating: Okay

This movie was entertaining, and sometimes amusing. High School was portrayed pretty realistically, in my opinion, aside from the fact that the people were all to pretty. Even the ugly people. I wish there was more of Tina Fey, she is great. This movie also reminded me of how--dare I say it--MEAN girls are when you are growing up. It made me cringe. It made me want to Home school my kids, if not for the stigma attached to that as well. I am still considering it, but By the time my son gets to the second grade he will be passing me up in the math skills department so I better rethink it. Over all I didn't feel like this was a waste of time. It kept my interest, good for teenagers. (although don't totally take my word on that one people, because I can remember how much cursing there is in it.)

Third movie: The Village
Starring: Bryce Dallas Howard, Joaquin Phoenix, William Hurt, Sigourney Weaver.
Rating: Good.

Okay I won't give any spoilers here, so don't worry. You can expect to see the M. Night Shyamalan pool of actors in this movie, which I think is cool. I figured out the twist before it happened so that makes it predictable but I didn't know to what extent it would be, so that kept me from being totally irritated. Adrian Brody plays the --here we go again-- village idiot and I think he over did it a little (ya think?) I just liked it and I think Ron Howards daughter did a good turn in her motion picture debut. (?) This movie definitely wasn't a waste of time because I am in the process of watching it again, like I had to do with The Sixth Sense. I wanted to know more about the characters. That is really my only gripe. That and it was a little slow at the beginning. All in all, I liked it.

Stay tuned for my reviews on Garden State and Napoleon Dynamite. I just have to mail Teletubbies back first. Don't ask. It can't all be about me all the time, right? (hmmmmm)

Quick note. My mom has a hummingbird on her back patio. It has made a nest and is sitting on two eggs the size of jelly Bellies the nest is so neat-- she built it on a wrought iron chandelier. It doesn't even look real. The inside is lined with cat hair. When the bird sits in it she looks al chubby and her beak sticks straight up in the air. She is trying to get pictures of it so if anyone has bird knowledge, specifically, central valley hummingbirds, (the male has a red head.) leave a comment. If you don't leave a comment. Whatever makes y'all happy.

Shout out to Kari Anne at Haiku of the Day for hooking me up with the Gmail invite, I really like it a lot.

Thats it, I'm out. Time to sleep. Finally, I get a day off I worked 6 out of 7 days this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you really think....