Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Burnout, Ayman's IEP, and Clint Eastwood

Oh my. School is killing me. I am so bored and burnt out by it now. I know I am not done learning- I still have a few classes left. But the classes are BORR-IIIING. I took last Thursday and Friday off because of it. Tonight we the megacode for ACLS, (Advance cardiovascular life support, I think) Which is basically CPR with medications and defibrillation. I did really good, and passed, so I've got that going for me. Other than that, I gotta hang in. This is a short week so that is good, but what about next week? The week after? Arrrrrgh. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know it isn't a train. Must. Keep. Going. Hmphhhh.
Today, I had the annual conference for my son. He was diagnosed with a speech and developmental delay when he was three. He has been in Special Day Class (SDC), with an Indiviual Education Plan (IEP) since December of '06. He has been enrolled in state run preschool as well. He goes in the morning to his SDC, and to State preschool in the afternoon. It is good, because with the special day class, the bus picks him up at home at 0700, and then after that they walk him across campus to the preschool, and I pick him up from the whole shebang at 1430. At the conference today I got some good news and some bad news. The good news is- he is doing really well. So much improvement in the last year, the state preschool is doing wonders along with the different therapies the SDC is giving him. He is testing HIGHER than his age in most areas, and just a scoche below in others. However, he still has one full year- he will not start kindergarten until September of '09. they told me today- that he was ready to move on from his SDC. To where? State preschool. Cassie, you ask, isn't he already in state preschool? Why, yes, yes he is. So, Cassie, what exactly does this mean? Well, it means, he doesn't need to go to SDC. Let's take this one step further....He only needs preschool. So, Starting in August, with the new school year, he will only go to preschool from 12-3. This is a good thing, I know. But you know what else is a good thing? My son in school all day. HA. I know I am not winning any mother of the year awards with that little confession. But, whatevs, he is doing good; that is the important thing, and he will still meet with the speech therapist once a week, blah blah blah. So I got that going for me.
I paid off my braces today. You know, I was thinking, I am taking lighter classes now, and not having that payment on the braces frees up enough cash for me to get the DVR service back. I miss it alot. I mean ALOT. It will take some bargaining with my husband, but I think I will be able to swing it, as in, calling Comcast, getting the box and skipping on happily with my life. WOO Hoo. Yep, that is the ticket. Speaking of TV, and (why not? that is really all I do for fun,) I am watching Million Dollar Baby on AMC right now. Now, the subject matter is sad. I agree with the concept of it 100%. I believe in a persons right to die with dignity. Man, I was gonna go off on a rant about the right to die, but I really don't want to open that can of worms. Let's just say it is a damn good movie. Clint Eastwood is a silver fox, grrrrowwwl.
Ok, so that was a bunch of info. boring I know, but I am going to mirror this on my Myspace blog so whadda ya gonna do?
I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you really think....