Monday, March 12, 2012

Delightful Spring Cookies



I am continuing my cookie making with these spring themed cookies.  I made Ladybugs, using an egg shaped cookie cutter, and some leaves with my fondant leaf cutter.  Worked like a charm.


Over here we have the flower mix I made. Again I used the leaf cutter. I used yellow non pareils for the center of the flower on all of the flowers.  Then I used an adorable spring sprinkle mix on the white flowers (not small enough in my opinion, but hey I am doing a trial and error kind of thing here) and hot pink sanding sugar for the pink flowers.  The piping and flooding skills are getting better, and I pretty much have the royal icing and cookie recipes down flat.


     The next project will be this weekend.  It is my daughters sixth birthday (!) I will be making a Hello Kitty cake, and Hello Kitty cookies, for her Hello Kitty party. (groan)  I still have not the foggiest idea what the plan is for the cake, I am going to wing it, so it may be a cake wreck.  Most definitely.  I will be using the Hello Kitty cookie tutorial from The Adventures of Sweet Sugar Belle though, so I've got that going for me, which is nice, I think.  Alright, that is all for now...pictures to follow next week hopefully!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous21:46

    you have time for this but no time to text me!!! i loooooove these cookies. repinned them on pinterest not knowin they were yours lol

    sincerely
    wannabe stay at home mom

    ReplyDelete

tell me what you really think....