Thursday, October 28, 2004

Crying Idiot.

Ok, when did I become such a sap? Last night I was watching ER and crying copiously. I felt awful. The reason I was crying is because the character Abby Lockhart (Maura Tierney, love her.) was doing a rotation thru the NICU. There was a problem with one of her tiny patients and the infant was going to die. She gave the infant to its parents to hold with their small daughter for the last hours of its life. Miserable. It made me want to go and hug my son. The irony here for me is that in my mid 20's, I worked in a NICU in a military hospital. I saw a lot of things. A lot of the things that they talked about in that episode of ER.
Why the hell did it tear me up so bad?
I think that after you have a baby, you automatically turn into a blathering emotional idiot. I mean, I cry every week watching Extreme Home Makeover. My husband even knows this. He asks me, "did you cry during Makeover last night?" My mom got my brother a childrens book that she found at a junk store. She told me that she read the book in the store and was crying in the aisle as she read it. So of course, I have to read it when she got it home. Oh crap, was I crying. It was embarrassing. My throat hurt because I was trying to be a badass and hold it in--which did not work. I wish I could remember the name of it. It was a gratuitous tear-jerker. Is it the hormones? I feel like Carmella Soprano watching that TV commercial in the last season of The Sopranos (or was it the season before?) I just don't really remember ever being this weepy.

I know I am not the only one. I hope I am not the only one, at least I know my mom is with me, i usually blame this stuff on her menopause. What's my excuse? Anyone have a comment that will help me feel less dippy? God, I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you really think....