Thursday, May 25, 2006

What the Hell, People?

I was just watching Nightline and they had a story about how a marine unit wiped out three families in Iraq, for no good reason. They were comparing this incident to the My Lai Massacre of 1968. This really sickens me on so many levels. I do not support this war, and never have. My uncle had to spend some time in Iraq with his National Guard unit, and I will say that I support him and respect the job he had to do there. I do not respect the reason we are there or the President that sent him. I think it is becoming more and more of a quagmire everyday. The Commandant of the Marine Corps, Michael W. Hagee, had to fly in to Iraq this week to remind soldiers of the danger of becoming "indifferent to the loss of a human life" .
I feel bad that these soldiers and sailors are even in a position where they have to be reminded of such a thing. They should not be there. Now that they are the stress of the combat situation is turning them into animals. I am not excusing this barbaric behavior. I love Marines. I was a hospital corpsman stationed on a Marine Corps base for my entire service in the Navy. I respect these guys, and the very hard jobs that they have to do. It just disturbs me that this is happening. The kicker here as well, is that this cannot be the only time that this has happened. You just know that it has happened before, and the unit had: A.) no questions asked, B.) some smart folks who made it look justified, and or C.) CO's who did not give a rats ass. (just call'em insurgents!). I think we will be hearing about more of these incidents as this ridiculous war goes on. I am just not looking forward to it. Sorry in advance to any military member I offend. I do have a right to voice my opinion, and needless loss of life hurts everyone. Take it up with the Commander in Chief if you have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you really think....