Sunday, August 15, 2010

Milestone: Ayman lost his first tooth.



I took this picture on August 7th, 2004 of my baby boy's first tooth. I have to say it is one of my favorite pictures of him. Yesterday, August 14th, 2010 That tooth went bye bye. It had been loose for months. I kept telling him, "You better pull that thing. The tooth fairy doesn't give you money if you eat it!" He would not wiggle it. Well, he wouldn't do any aggressive wiggling. I remember working on my first tooth like it was job. I crunched it til it made sick noises, I twisted and pulled until it hung on by a thread. Then, I finally just pulled. Ayman wasn't having any of that.
Yesterday, we were at my cousin Adam's 17th birthday party at Uncle Jim and Aunt Cindy's house. I was telling my sister-in-law Renee about the tooth situation, and how I tried to pull it earlier but was too chicken to do the deed. I mean I tried, but I just couldn't. It wasn't happening for me. Renee said: "Uncle Alex will pull it!"




Sure enough, wouldn't you know it, Uncle Alex did. Here is a picture of the amateur dentist and his willing patient, shortly after the procedure. I have to say my brother had some skillz. Before Ayman, or any of us knew it, he had that tooth YANKED. I quickly tucked a piece of tissue in the socket before he could see it was bleeding and ....



There ya go. He seemed a little shocked at first, but then he was VERY excited, and Auntie Cindy gave him a cow shaped trinket box to put his tooth in for the tooth fairy. Ayman asked how the tooth fairy knew he lost a tooth. Amr told him that she got an email or they tweeted it or something. (which was pretty funny coming from Amr.) In the wee hours of this morning, Ayman woke up to 3 dollars in his cow trinket box, in place of his tooth. I am still amazed that my baby lost that tooth. *sniff* They grow up so fast....

1 comment:

tell me what you really think....