Thursday, September 06, 2007

My son is blossoming

So, some folks know I had Ayman evaluated for speech delay, and he was found to have one, so he is in a special pre-k class. In this class he gets to do regular preschool stuff, plus work with speech therapists, and stuff like that. Every year, we will meet in June and discuss his progress. This past June was our first such meeting. The team of wonderful teachers at XXXXXXXX XXXXXXX Elementary suggested that Ayman be enrolled in general education preschool. So, I did. Now, instead of going to school from 830-1130, he goes from 830 (the bus picks him up at 730) until 230 when his sister and i go to pick him up. At preschool they sing, eat lunch, go to the library and play, play, play. He loves it. With the exception of a rough start going pee at school (he used to hold it until he got home when he only had the morning class) he is adjusting way better than I expected. In the short two weeks he has been back at school, he is talking more, asking questions, singing, and playing more than ever before. He actually says hello to people, when before he was too shy to do it. He initiates. It is awesome. I am really loving getting to see this growth my son is going through. That is what is really all about right? Watching your kids grow up, and become their own person, suceed, (and of course some failure) and enjoy thier lives. I am loving it. I find myself asking my husband about what Ayman did that evening when I come home from school. He does some funny unexpected things sometimes. Yesterday he flopped down on the couch and went "PHWEW!" while wiping his hand across his forehead. Where does he get that stuff? Then of course there is the polar opposite that is his sister Jennah. Where Ayman was always careful and deliberate, Jennah kind of barrels through things. She climbs like a mountain goat and is very chatty. She loves to dress up in a dish towel cape and under pants on her head, with hair elastics on her wrists as bracelets. She lets me do her hair in elaborate works, for an 18 month old she can really sit still better than I would expect. Of course, there is the awesome stuff she does, just to piss Ayman off, which makes me crazy. I realize that is just payback for how my brother and I were though, so I have to let that go. I guess I just wanted to get this down. I have been neglecting the blog lately, with all my other crap going on, I have a lot of balls in the air right now, probably more than I should. My mom and i were talking about it and we decided this is the stuff that should really get written down. So here it is.
Totally unrelated, but I have lost 10 pounds or so in the last couple of weeks. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you really think....