Sunday, May 18, 2008

Home appliances, AC service and baking

My refrigerator is taking a crap on me. I mean, not literally but, you get it. I woke up today- and it was sinisterly quiet in the kitchen. I noticed the fridge wasn't cooling. This is bad because it doesn't get cold enough as it is- so it really can't take a break on the cooling. I guess most of them cycle, but this one really can't. Just recently, it stopped making ice- I think the reason for this is that it doesn't get cold enough or something, maybe not but, who the hell knows....moving on. So My dad, Jennah and Ayman and I took a ride to day to look for a replacement. A used replacement. I figured that I could get something for a couple hundred. I showed up at Wilson and Coffey and found this gem- except get this: It has an ice maker. woohoo. the deal with it is, it got damaged in shipment, and they fixed it. you really don't know where the major damage is unless you know where to look for it. They did a nice repair job. There is also a couple of dings on the outside door, but hell, that is gonna happen at my house anyway. so I am gonna buy it tomorrow, and it should be delivered by Tuesday. Thank goodness for that. I had to put everything in the freezer, to keep it all cold. The milk turned, and I had to throw out all the milk and mayonnaise based products. Perhaps, that is why I have had an inordinate amount of gastrointestinal distress....if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

On a more positive note, I was in contact with my Uncle Brian, who is a whiz with all things car related, and he says he can service my Honda's AC for very little cash. I will see if he can check out the thermostat as well (the car overheats when you idle, so no stop and go traffic, and no drive thru). Then, the kiddies and I will have a cool car to ride in this summer. YAY!

I made another cake- I kinda screwed up the topping for it though. I don't think it was a keeper. It came out a little dry, although they have you serve it with ice cream. It is OK, but I don't think I am going to categorize it as a "keeper", but when I upload the pic I will post it. It turned out pretty. My next attempt will be a carrot cake. I love carrot cake. I just have to acquire some spices for the dish. I have a delicious recipe for a cream cheese frosting. wanna hear it? hear it goes:
1 pound (2 bricks) of Cream cheese softened
1 cup of butter (2 sticks) of butter softened (it is low cal)
4 cups of powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla
beat until creamy.

Don't ask me what the deal is with me and baking right now. Soon, I will be making a homemade ice cream cake- one of those ones that is rolled up. i saw a neat one on Emeril Live. I have to look in to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you really think....