Thursday, June 29, 2006

The MAN, stickin' it to me.

Well, I have talked to my supervisor at work, again, and I guess I have to work for the fourth of July holiday. But I don't mind because of this: On graveyard shift the holiday is the night before. So I will still be able to take the kids to fireworks, and I get an extra day on the schedule plus my payrate at time and a half. Which is SWEET. I am still irritated about it and I am still considering filing a grievance, but whatever. It is all good. Last year I worked all the holidays and they didn't have a problem with it, but if I want to be off for two in a row, Oh hell no. I guess it is more the principle of the thing, regardless of the compensation in pay. They only follow rules when it is convenient to them, not all the time. I guess that is why there is a union in the first place. Bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you really think....