Monday, October 11, 2004

Puppy or Baby?

O.K., last night when we got home from our long short trip, I fed the baby, and my husband took him out of the high chair, and took off his sleeper and diaper, as we were drawing his bath. Ayman loves this state of nakedness and my husband calls this "freestyle". Well, I was sitting on the chair and noticed Ayman in front of the fireplace on all fours with his head down, suspiciously still. He crawled two steps forward and stopped again, this time he made a suspect "unghh" noise. This prompted me to become very suspicious.
"What are you doing?" I asked him, as if he would answer. At this point I realized there was a large steamy turd behind him on the carpet, and upon further inspection, a smaller one hanging from his crack. My husband and I are both, at the same time, making noises like "ehh-ehh stop stop!" so he went from a more carpet friendly position of all-fours, to the ground-in-poop position of square-on-his- cheeks. My husband picked him up, Ayman started to cry from all the noise, and we put him in the bath. Poor little guy didn't totally know what was up. Needless to say, I was laughing toooo hard.
The clean up was a snap, actually easier than a diaper change.
Ahhh the pitfalls of first-time-parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you really think....